Join the Web Services Team!
Web Services is dedicated to helping UF Health move medicine forward, through building tools for patients and staff and in communicating the stories of healing, care, and research. Come be a part of our team!
- Social Media Coordinator – Gainesville
- Social Media Intern – Gainesville
- Social Media Coordinator – JacksonvilleSocial Media Coordinator – Jacksonville
Telling the stories of our doctors, their patients, and our researchers and staff – that’s at the heart of this position. The social media coordinator is responsible for telling the UF Health story on multiple platforms and in measuring and reporting these results. We’re looking for a person with at least 4 years experience in managing online communities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing UF Health’s primary social media accounts and blog, engaging patients, students, and the community. You’ll work closely with our news, marketing and creative services teams to develop social campaigns to meet UF Health’s strategic communications goals, and will help coordinate our editorial calendar with other social media managers within UF Health.
- Identifying trending stories and topics on social media and pitching ways UF Health can join in on the conversation that will help patients and their families
- Informing senior leadership of our social media efforts and community sentiment, through reports, case studies, and presentations. We’ll also encourage you to share your findings with the larger social media, healthcare, and higher education communications community – we believe strongly in providing professional development, both for our team and for others.
- Providing training and support for UF Health’s social media community. Help guide social efforts throughout our organization by holding semiannual trainings and discussions with other account managers and editors.
Social Media Intern (Gainesville)
Reports directly to the Assistant Manager of Web Services. Works closely with UF Health’s social media team to plan, produce and publish content for UF Health social media channels. Generates social media planning calendars and coordinates with marketing and communications staff in scheduling for campaigns and events. Participates in campaign kickoffs and idea-generating sessions in support of social media campaigns for colleges, centers, institutes and research labs within UF Health. Identifies trending stories on social platforms and opportunities to tell UF Health’s stories through those lenses. Reviews social sentiment about the organization and collects data for review. This position will:
- Keep social content continually rich and engaging
- Assist in adapting methods of delivering social patient-centered content based on analytics and audience reaction
- Research and communicate opportunities to use trending topics to reinforce our missions of empathy and wisdom
- Arrange planning and publishing calendars
- Observe social media sentiment for UF Health in the community
- Keep aware of current social media platforms and how they differ
- Explore new social opportunities using new tools or platforms
Social Media Coordinator (Jacksonville)
Writes feature articles for websites, social media, media outlets and other sources, including print and online publications. Responsible for daily posts to applicable social media outlets and tracks social media influence measurements.