Editing Content: Using Styles
Content added to posts and pages should be easy to read and engaging. WordPress comes with a visual editor (similar to writing in MS Word) to help you accomplish this.
For very simple edits on pages that do not contain tables or video, you can try the Front End Editor.
You can begin to insert content by typing it directly into the large text area, or by pasting it from another source (website, word document, etc.)
To link to another website or file:
To add a link to a specific area of a page:
Click in the area you want a link to jump to. Choose the Anchor Link tool add an ID or anchor name for that spot. To create the link use the ID you just created and add a # in front. For example if you want a Back to Top link you would use the anchor tool at the top of the page giving an ID of top. Then for the Back to Top link you would use #top. For more details check out Anchor Links.
Uploading Images, Files, and other Media
Use the Add Media button to Upload files (eg:PDF, DOC, PPT) or insert images. See a more advanced guide to inserting images and files
Use the Add Form button to add an existing Gravity Form to a page.
To apply a heading to some text:
- Highlight the text you want to turn into a heading
- Click the ‘Format’ dropdown box and select the heading you want to use. Heading numbers should corresponds to the importance of the heading you are using (Heading 2 is the most important, heading 6 the least important)
Lists can make your content easier to read by allowing users to quickly scan your text.
To create a list:
- Highlight the text
- Click the ‘List’ (ordered, unordered) icon in the visual toolbar
Easily insert a horizontal rule (bar) into the content of your pages/posts.
- To insert: select the HR icon in the toolbar: :
- The HR bar will look like this:
Insert an alert box into the content of your pages/posts.
- To insert: while editing a post/page select the text you want to turn into an alert box and select “Alert – Red” from the “Styles” dropdown in the toolbar [see preview]
- The alert box will look like this:
When you are done formatting your content, Click on Publish / Update in the Publish area on the right side of the screen. See More about Publishing