UberMenu is a highly versatile and customizable plugin to create your website navigation. UberMenu might be the best option for you if any of the following are true of your site:
- Some site sections are more complex than others, making it desirable to have a default drop down menu for some primary links and a mega menu for others.
- You’d like more control over the way your Mega Menu is laid out: for example, the ability to choose the number of columns.
- You’d like to be able to include widgets in your main navigation menu. Examples include an image, listing of recent news articles, or a “contact us” form.
- See the main navigation of the UF AHC Showcase for an example of the UberMenu in action.
If you’d like to give UberMenu a try on your site, contact Web services today to have it set up.
A few things to keep in mind about UberMenu:
- Creation and updating of menu links is not automatic when you create a page with UberMenu, as it is with the default dropdown and with Mega Menu. Each time you create, delete or change the name of a page in your website, you must manually update it in UberMenu.
- With that in mind, in order to take full advantage of UberMenu’s many options, you should have a website administrator who’s comfortable using WordPress’s administrative functions and has the time to construct and maintain your website navigation.