Widgets are small tools that help you display special content on your website, but they can only be added to special “widgetized zones”. These zones can be found:
- Home Page [sample] – on by default, but can be customized: see Home Page Layouts for more information
- Page Sidebars (left and right) [sample] – optional
- Post Sidebar (right) [sample] – on by default
- Footer [sample] – optional
We have over 15 different Widgets, each performing a unique function.
Examples of widgets include:
- Recent Post widget will display your latest posts
- A Custom Menu widget allows you to create a list of links
- A Google Calendar widget will import events from your Google Calendar
- The Form widget can add a Form to your page. These forms can be simple or complex using a Form Plugin called Gravity Forms
- The RSS widget will automatically pull in information from an RSS feed from other website
- An Email Contact Widget can add a simple Email Contact form to which you can add Spam Protection
- An Insert Page Content Widget can insert content from a specific page you have created.
- Health Topic Widget for UF Health
Available Widgets: these are the widgets you can use
Widgetized Areas: where widgets can be placed
Inactive Widgets: where widgets with your settings can be “saved” so you dont lose the work you’ve done
Open the Widget Area where you want the Widget to appear
Drag the Widget from the left and drop in the Widget Area on the right side
Some Widgets have Options to be set – open the Widget
Set the Options and click on Save
A few Widgets can be set to show on one specific page
If you would like a contact us form on one particular page, create a Gravity Form. The Gravity Form can be set to show only on one page.
Another good widget to use to show only on one page is the Insert Page Content widget.