UFHealth.org will use a patient-centered approach to integrate multiple disparate websites such as Shands (www.shands.org), UF Health Science Center (health.ufl.edu), UF HSC News & Communications (news.health.ufl.edu), and isolated pieces of content from existing UF departmental and administrative websites.
The new website will provide in-depth information about health care services and expertise at UF Health while also providing information about the UF AHC’s comprehensive educational and research enterprises.
The reorganization of this information into a central location will:
- Improve usability and user experience – Today, users have to navigate through multiple and disparate websites within our enterprise as they search for pieces of related content. The quality of these websites (both from a content and technology point of view) varies greatly. UFandShands.org promises to unify much of this content with modern technologies and a useful interface, improving the usability and user experience.
- Increase the accuracy and usefulness of content – By reducing the amount of websites where content has to be updated, we can help ensure more accurate and timely information
- Increase organic visitor traffic from search engines – By employing cutting edge search engine optimization techniques and a new content strategy, we can improve the amount of organic traffic we attract via search engines. This will provide more opportunities for our visitors to discover the information they are searching for.
- Increase appointment requests and requests for information – By making it easier to request an appointment from multiple paths, we will increase the total number of appointment requests originating from the website
UF Health key audience needs addressed:
- First and foremost, the new site will help current and prospective patients access the information and services they need to meet their health care needs at UF Health, including connecting them to opportunities to participate in UF research studies.
- It will orient and connect current and prospective students, trainees, faculty and collaborators to the academic health center’s comprehensive resources for educational and research pursuits.
- It will serve as a reliable source of health-related news content and subject-matter expertise for the media and other external audiences.
- Launched June 4, 2012
- 8,200+ pages of content
- 5,200+ visits a day
- Visitors from 158 different countries