WE’re Hiring A Web Designer
UF Health web designers are special. We expect them to work with everyone on our team (from content strategy to web development) to bring ideas to life. From research and discovery, to design, to front-end development and post launch user testing, you will have opportunities to exercise and grow a wide range of skills.
What You’ll Work On
Research, conceive and create visual concepts that solve big problems.
Challenge the assumptions of your designs with hands-on user testing and industry research.
Translate designs and prototypes into production ready, functional, fast, and accessible front-end code.
Share ownership of projects. Help maintain your creations and see them grow.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Can execute design for a range of projects from marketing websites to functional web apps, using tools like Figma, Sketch, or XD.
- Can perform user testing and research industry best practices to balance visual appeal and usability.
- Have expert level HTML and CSS knowledge to build what they’ve dreamt up.
- Can work within a PHP project (WordPress, Craft CMS, Laravel) to build interfaces, pull data from APIs, and manipulate data as necessary.
- Are principled in their design standards, but open to feedback from leadership and peers.
- Are good project stewards and care for the platforms through the entirety of their life cycle.
- Work with our web content strategy team to create designs based in reality.
- Work with our web developers to bring designs to life.
Why UF Health?
We offer great benefits for you and your family. Healthcare, retirement, paid time off, and continued professional development are just a few more reasons to consider UF Health.
We are a multi-disciplinary team planning, designing, building, testing, and maintaining enterprise level web systems at UF Health, the University of Florida’s Academic Health Center.
The work we do helps patients, clinicians, researchers, staff, and students. You’ll be working with the team to help people find care, conduct research, teach and learn, and more.
With eleven hospitals, six colleges, eleven major research institutes, we strive to create unstoppable momentum toward the goal of improving individual and community health through discovery, clinical and translational science and technology, exceptional education and patient-centered, innovative, high-quality health care.
If this sounds like a good fit we would love to chat. Apply today on the UF Careers site, share your work, portfolio, etc. We are excited to get to know you!